We believe it's really important that parents have good relationships with our teaching staff, beginning with our Principal, Shalini Nambiar.
Shalini believes education should be child-centred and aimed at nurturing rather than imposing facts, figures and theories. Her pioneering ideas have seen her win several awards:
- Outstanding School Leader, 2016
- Woman Leaders Icon in Education, 2015
- Glory of India Award, 2013
- Friendship Forum of India's ‘Rashtriya Shiksha’ Award, 2013
- Bharat Shiksha Award, 2012
- Innovative Educator Award, 2012
- Excellence in Education Award, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
- Indira Gandhi Woman Achiever's Award, 2011
- Rajiv Gandhi Excellence Award, 2010
- International Gold Star Award, 2010
- Bharat Jyoti Award for Education, 2010
Listed as one of the four most influential women in Gurgaon, Shalini has published numerous articles and has been a key speaker at several workshops. Her varied interests include mountaineering, rappelling, sky diving, river rafting, writing and music.
Before taking over as the Deputy Director at Gems Education, Shalini was Director of Excelsior American School, Gurgaon, and, before that, Headmistress of Heritage School, Gurgaon.
She sums up her philosophy in the following message:
Dear Parents and Caregivers,
In our search for perfect learning, we often fail to see the beauty of stumbling blocks, faltering steps and ‘I can’t do it’ moments. Education has become increasingly concerned with grades but, in my view, it is as much about the moral grain of the being, the accountability and responsibility towards oneself and towards society, about being a liberal citizen of the world and moving with the times, as it is about academic achievement. I would like to see all my students as achievers; if they imbibe knowledge rather than acquire it, have consideration for society's have-nots, believe that working towards peace and harmony and caring for the environment are not duties delegated to faceless specialists but to them, I will feel that I have been successful in playing my part in educating them in the real sense of the term.
Shalini Nambiar, Principal